• I’m a church employee. How can I use the artwork on your site?

    You may use the artwork in any way that is outlined in the Terms of Service, or not prohibited therein. Typically, churches and organizations may use the artwork for anything except as the "logo / brand" for the organization. You may obtain these permissions from the original creator.

    Typically churches will use the artwork for:
    - websites, blogs, emails.
    - bulletins, brochures, bulletin boards, internal church print matter.
    - overhead media such as worship lyrics, sermon outlines, dramatic performances.

    When in doubt it is always a good idea to check with the artist on possible copyright issues.

  • What is CreationSwap?

    CreationSwap offers churches Free and Stock Graphics and photos.  CreationSwap offers Christian artists a place to network, discuss, critique, and freely share or sell their art.

  • Does it cost anything to use this site?

    No. CreationSwap is free to use.  There are no sign-up fees to use the site.  There are also many graphics and photos in the free gallery for download.  However, if you really want to pay for something after getting all of this great free stuff, there are items for sale in the Shop section which you can also have customized and printed.

  • How does CreationSwap pay the bills and what are the ads for?

    We keep the lights on through advertising revenue and a percentage of the sales in the Shop section.

  • Can I download art from an artist's Creative Space?

    No. Portfolio artwork in an artist's creative space is not for download.  You may not use it in any way without the artists permission.



  • What do I do if I am a victim of Copyright Infringement?

    If an item on CreationSwap violates your copyright, please notify us immediately by sending us a copyright or DMCA take down notice. Please be aware that a DMCA take down notice is a legal document.  It may be advisable to gain the council of a lawyer as needed.

    The document you send should contain:

    1. A description of the copyrighted work (including URL if available) claimed to have been infringed upon, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of the works at that site including URL(s).
    2. A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity on CreationSwap including URL.
    3. Information to permit CreationSwap to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and an email address.
    4. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the mannercomplained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

    Scan this document and send it to CeationSwap LLC.

    Alternately, you may post this document to:
    CreationSwap LLC
    Address: PO Box 549, Bend OR 97709

    Please be aware that the full DMCA notice or copyright claim you send will be forwarded to the author of the item in question, as it is a legal document affecting them.

  • What happens to money from the sale of the item after a DMCA notice is issued?

    CreationSwap is required to freeze all funds from the sale of that item for three years if a signed copyright claim or DMCA take down notice is issued.  We will immediately release these funds to either party if a legal body then compels us to do so.  After three years if we are not compelled to release the funds, they will be released to the member if they request it in writing.

  • Can you give me the contact details of the member who I claim violated my copyright?

    No, unless compelled to legally.  Due to privacy laws we are unable to issue any private information about any member of CreationSwap. Before issuing a DMCA take down notice or copyright claim, you should screenshot any relevant pages including the members pages for your records.  Upon receipt of a valid DMCA take down notice or copyright claim they may be removed from CreationSwap.

  • Why do I need to send a DMCA take down notice or copyright claim?

    Issuing a takedown notice allows CreationSwap to remove the item immediately without waiting for legal advice.

purchasing & downloading

  • Where did my download go?

    Internet browsers handle downloading differently. Your browser should prompt you to save the file automatically, unless you have purchased a jpg file. jpg files will open in a new tab in your browser automatically. You will then need to save the jpg file. Also, if you go back and browse the gallery, all files you have purchased on our site will show a "download" button rather than an "add to cart" button when you are logged in.

  • What are the prices of CreationSwap files?

    CreationSwap has tons of free stuff and affordable (royalty-free) files ranging from $1 to $20. Artists set their own prices. Check out some of the files for sale.

  • What do I do when an image I downloaded is not usable (corrupt, not compatible etc)?

    If you're using a PC, please make sure you have the proper application installed that can recognize and uncompress the .zip file type. You can download an application here: After download and your computer still does not recognize the .zip file or if the extension is missing we suggest adding .zip to the end of the file name. If this still does not help please contact support with your concerns.

  • Do I need special software to use the files on Creationswap?

    Oftn the answer is YES. Before purchasing or downloading, please make sure you have the proper software to open the file type. Examples: .psd files require you to have Adobe Photoshop, .ai files require you to have Adobe Illustrator, .jpg files do not require special software etc.

  • Where are my receipts/download history?

    To access information pertaining to your account and account activity click on Account > History. There you will see a three options, 'Purchases', 'Free Downloads' and 'Purchased Downloads'.

  • How can I purchase files and what is the difference between deposits and one time purchases?

    CreationSwap allows two ways to pay.

    1. Make a Deposit: Deposit money into your account for future purchases.
    2. One time purchase: Pay once by credit card.

  • The image I want to buy is $6 but the minimum deposit is $10.

    The remaining $4 is placed into your account for future purchases. Your deposits do not expire, so you can come back at any time.

  • What method of payment do you accept?

    We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. Our prices are in US dollars.

  • What is the difference between a Standard, Extended and Exclusive license?

    For the complete license details see User License. Basically, Standard licenses are for personal use and not for resale in any way. Extended licenses are for stuff you would like to sell. Exclusive licenses are for Logos and things that you want to buy once and have removed from CreationSwap and not sold to anyone else.

  • I am already a member, how do I add money to my account?

    Once you are signed in, you can add funds to your account by clicking your name at the top header and select 'Make a Deposit'. Here you can select a dollar amount to deposit using your credit card. Once the transaction is approved, your funds are immediately available to purchase files.

  • Please explain the file formats?

    Vector Files
    Vector files allow you to change colors or move objects. You also can size the image from as small as a business card to as large as a poster with no image quality loss. In order to edit a vector EPS file you need to have editing software like Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw or other vector editing programs.

    JPEG files
    JPEG files are the most common photo format. To edit JPEG files you will need to have photo editing software like Adobe Photoshop. This type of image cannot be sized larger than the original file size or it will lose image quality and become blurry or rasterized.

    PSD files
    PSD files are layered Photoshop files. Each layer can be modified or edited to your liking. To edit this file type you will need to have photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.

  • How do I get a refund?

    Our position on refunds is pretty simple.  We think of our digital content like a song downloaded on i-tunes, or a book downloaded for your Kindle.  Since this is digital content there is no way for it to be returned.  We try to clearly communicate this in our terms with the following:

    All Sales Final; Downloading and Risk of Loss; Availability of Digital Content. All sales of Digital Content are final. We do not accept returns of Digital Content. Once you have purchased Digital Content, we encourage you to download it promptly and to make back-up copies of it. If you are unable to complete a download after having reviewed our online help resources, please contact support. You bear all risk of loss after purchase and for any loss of Digital Content you have downloaded, including any loss due to a computer or hard drive crash. We may, from time to time, remove Digital Content from the Service without notice.

    If there is some other reason that you may feel you are entitled to a refund please contact us.


  • What do I get with a Total Unlimited Premium subscription?

    - Unlimited Downloads of Free content
    - Premium Mini Movies
    - Premium Motions
    - Premium Audio
    - Save Files for Later
    - 20% Off Purchases
    - 3 for Free Program
    - Save Files for Later

  • What do I get with a Premium Photos subscription purchase?

    - Unlimited Downloads of Premium Photos
    - Save Files for Later
    - 10% Off Purchases
    - 3 for Free Program
    - Unlimited Free Files

  • What license is Premium Content?

    Any Premium subscription content is under the Extended Use License.  Simply put Extended licenses include everything in the Standard Use license but is also for stuff you would like to use in content you can sell.  This license also includes unlimited usage for all the audio files that you may use in videos that you plan to sell, as long as you have a current Premium subscription for Premium content.

  • Why can I only download three free items per month with a free account?

    Free stuff is still free and you still have access to all of it.  The free accounts allow you to download any three free items per month.  Unlike nonprofits we do not get outside support.  We struggled with this decision for several months and had many late night meetings over this very question.  How can we continue to offer tons of free content and still afford to do it?  We decided the best option was to limit the free downloads to 3 per month on free accounts.  Then, offer free unlimited download accounts to people that can signup three friends.  That way, you can still get all the content you need and we can continue to offer and grow the content.  Your support allows us to continue to offer quality content and continue to hire and support the Creatives that make it.

  • Does the new subscription model affect my content for sale?

    This does not affect content for sale.  You will continue to get monthly payouts for content sold.  We do offer a 20% and 10% discount to "Premium" subscribers, however that comes out of our pocket not yours.

  • Are there any cancellation fees?

    No, however there is a one year commitment required sign up for a Premium account.  After one year you may cancel your account at any time.

  • Am I locked in for life at $19/mo?

    What this means is that for a limited time, if you sign up during this Premium Total Unlimited promotion, we will keep you at $19 per month for the life of your account.   That means as we grow and build the Premium content you will have the same access at this great low price.  We hope that answers your question and thanks for using CreationSwap!

free gallery

  • Is everything in the free gallery really free?

    Yes. However, if offered by the artists extended licenses of free items will be $100. It also costs money to have us print an item in the Free Gallery if that option is available for that item.

  • Can I redistribute artwork I've downloaded?

    We ask that you use our site for any redistribution. In other words, whether you alter an image and want to redistribute it, or simply want to distribute the original image from Creationswap, we ask that you upload the image to the site and ask your readers, members or friends to come through a link to Creationswap to download the image.


  • What's up with the prohibition on "trademark" use of the artwork?

    You may not necessarily use artwork from our site for a logo or trademark.  There are three main reasons for our prohibition.

  • What's the deal with not using the Creative Commons license?

    We do not want to strip our artists of their underlying rights when they submit artwork.  In fact, some art might be already copyrighted and owned by the party submitting it.  The artwork might even be a church or organization’s artwork that it desires to disseminate, but it not “public domain” because the church or an individual artist created it and owns the underlying rights.

  • When I submit my artwork, do I still own the copyright?

    Yes, you own the copyright to your original creation.  We take your work and re-encode it to fit our digital specifications and take a copyright of our own in the derivative created by us.  You can still use your artwork in whatever way you see fit, including giving it, licensing it, or otherwise disposing of it in any way you would like.

  • How do I know that I'm clear on copyright law when I submit artwork?

    Generally the law of copyright starts from this premise: "the owner of the copyright is the CREATOR of the work, in the absence of an agreement to the contrary."

  • What rights will CreationSwap have to use or grant to others?

    We have the right to use the images as encoded by us for any purpose except for trademark rights.  Our rights in the submitted artwork allow us to license, sublicense, and use the artwork on the site, on other sites, in syndication to third-parties, in magazine and print, and any other commercial or non-profit purpose. We will not use the artwork for anything that we deem immoral, scandalous or disparaging.

  • I’m with a magazine, website or other publication. Can I use some of the images on your site?

    We grant a royalty free license to use our artwork for non-advertising based periodical use.  We do not grant rights to any book use, cover art, or for use that is not considered “periodical” with a shelf-life of more than six months.

  • Can I change the artwork that I download from CreationSwap?

    Yes, as long as your use of the artwork is in conformance with the Terms & Conditions, you may manipulate, remix, tweak, and edit the artwork.  Because we do not have the right to grant you the underlying copyrights, your derivative is considered a licenses work under the CreationSwap agreement and you may only do with it what you could have done if the artwork had remained unchanged.

  • Can I redistribute the artwork from CreationSwap?

    We ask that you use our site for any redistribution.  In other words, whether you alter an image and want to redistribute it, or simply want to distribute the original image from CreationSwap, we ask that you upload the image to the site and ask your readers, members or friends to come through a link to CreationSwap to download the image.

  • What are the limitations on my use of artwork?

    We grant a royalty free license to use our artwork for non-advertising based periodical use.  We do not grant rights to any book use, cover art, or for use that is not considered "periodical" with a shelf-life of more than six months.

  • Can I charge my clients for my services if I use CreationSwap Artwork?

    You may charge for your labor, but you may not charge a fee for the artwork used.  You may not grant any rights to any third-party either.  As such, we ask that professional artists and graphics professionals obtain permission from creators prior to granting any rights to anyone else in the works that you create with artwork found on CreationSwap .

  • Do you notify the IRS of the fees I earn?

    If you earn more than $600 in a calendar year, we are legally required to file a 1099 form with the IRS that names you as an independent contractor who has received a taxable amount of income from CreationSwap.

  • How do I complete the tax registration process and/or claim treaty benefits?

    1. Download the  W-8BEN.
    2. Complete the W-8BEN (see W-8BEN instructions), sign it, and fax it to (562) 343-9696 OR email it to
    3. After receiving the W8BEN we will review it for approval and send confirmation e-mail upon completion.

sharing & selling